Cloud Application Security Engineer
March 04, 2022 SecurityDevOpsLinkedIn Facebook Apply For This Job
Apply For This JobAll Jobs
We are looking for a Cloud Application Security Engineer to join the team which is working on the ongoing security of the CoinFLEX cryptocurrency futures exchange platform.
You will be a key member of a modest security team distributed across multiple time zones. You should have a passion for Cloud security, cybersecurity, technology and automation. A resilient approach to complex problems, an innovative growth mindset and a profound hunger to learn is essential. You will be working alongside seasoned professionals in a high-intensity team environment.
The position will focus mainly on securing CoinFLEX custom in-house systems and security administration of our internal cloud based applications. You will have responsibility for implementing solutions to ensure the security of our internal applications through vulnerability scanning, analysis, cybersecurity enhancements and penetration testing. You will additionally take the lead in providing employee security, training and permissions management.
- Internal application security management
- Custom In-house application security configuration
- Migration of cloud tools to server
- Standardisation of best security practice across the organisation
- Vulnerability scanning of internal architecture and applications
- Penetration testing of internal applications
- User and permissions management
- Cloudflare access controls
- Implement new solutions to improve security of in house applications
- Work closely with customer business and technical teams to identify Internal Network Security architecture requirements.
- Integrate with DevOps
- Study current internal network Security architecture, understand the existing landscape
- Review internal network security policies, standards,and procedures
- Define current and proposed architecture & roadmap, Provide Gap analysis.
- Continuously monitor the network for security breaches, carries out simulated attacks to identify vulnerabilities, and develops security protocols to thwart potential threats.
- Create and review policies to improve internal security management
- Onboarding new staff in best security practices
- Spearhead training initiatives of staff in best security practices
Essential skills and experience required
- Experience working within a Dev or SecOps team
- Proven experience in IT/Cyber Security
- Cloud or application security expertise
- Ability to take a leadership role in ensuring employee best security practice
- WAF configuration and management
- Infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Experience or qualifications configuring Atlassian or working with Atlassian products
- Good knowledge of cybersecurity and hacking methodologies
- IT Security qualifications or willing to work towards achieving these
- Understanding and experience of cloud server architectures
- Experience of modern software development and automation; Agile, Dev-ops CI/CD
- Proficiency in English
- Containerization. E. G. Docker and Kubernetes
- Development experience
- Log analysis
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills used with a remote global team
- Drive to learn new technologies fast and work with the team and independently
- Experience in team management and coordination to maximise efficiency
- Knowledge of continuous integration and delivery
- Very high security awareness and implementation skills
- Great Linux/Unix Administration skills
- Good amount of experience with software such as Git, Docker, Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of AWS or other IaaS providers and using Terraform, Ansible or other orchestration tools.
What you’ll get in return
- Excellent compensation
- High value perks based on performance
- Cryptocurrency and financial services experience
- Training as required
- An environment where learning and development is encouraged
- Autonomy to experiment and build new cybersecurity solutions
From tough but determined and successful beginnings we are forging strong company values for the business, we are building a team of smart, positive, collaborative, productive, ambitious, entrepreneurial, energetic and success oriented people.
This is an opportunity to make a profound difference to an emerging market sector, for example, if you work in the relatively mature equities or fiat FX markets, any work you do will very likely make an intangible difference to the markets or market infrastructure when compared with the gains which are to be made in the relatively infant cryptocurrency market infrastructure
We are doing what we consider to be ground breaking and important work, however we want to have fun along the way so we have an informal yet professional atmosphere where people are encouraged to speak up. We have weekly company wide stand up meetings to aid communication and the overall cohesive growth of the already globally distributed business across Europe and Asia.
We also offer flexible working hours and working from home as necessary.