Do you want to work on pioneering technology in an emerging industry sector where your work will make a tangible and significant difference? Are you interested in being part of a team which is building out an important part of the cryptocurrency derivatives market infrastructure? This is an opportunity to join the Hong Kong branch of our fin-tech & risk team which is responsible for the ongoing build of this unique platform, CoinFLEX.
Some of the features of CoinFLEX;
- Founded in 2019, CoinFLEX is the home of crypto yields. The platform offers innovative solutions such as flexUSD — the world’s first interest bearing stablecoin — and AMM+, the most capital–efficient automated market maker for today’s investors.
- CoinFLEX provides physically delivered cryptocurrency futures; Customers receive or deliver the digital asset so there is no cash price settlement and manipulation risk.
- We are backed by a consortium of professional trading partners, Crypto Veterans, Market Makers and VCs. You may have heard of Polychain Capital, Dragonfly Capital and Roger Ver amongst others.
- Super high-performance API with up to 100 API orders/sec per user account;
CoinFLEX offers a fully featured REST API and streaming Websocket API
- We have been operationally live for over 2 years and have daily trading volumes of hundreds of millions of dollars in cryptocurrency futures and growing.
- We secured funding of $20m so far and are now building out a world beating team and trading venue, our vision is to be the most exciting and accessible cryptocurrency trading venue anywhere.
This role will be working with senior members of CoinFLEX’s risk, technology and operations team to carry out daily tasks to ensure the smooth running of the exchange, crypto market analysis, customer monitoring & technical support, system testing & implementation. This role would suit a recent graduate or someone with 1-3 years of experience post education.
- Support the Exchange’s ambition of operating round-the-clock 24/7 and 365 days of the year by working with the UK, US and HK risk teams in providing global exchange coverage.
- Weekend and Bank holiday coverage will be organised via a rota system with the other members of the risk team.
- Maintain a trading system.
- Development of the exchange reporting and monitoring systems and processes.
- Daily monitoring of the various risk exposures of CoinFLEX’s customers e.g. collateral levels, margin/risk ratio & position sizes.
- Gather data from internal and external sources for market analysis.
- Market analysis of cryptocurrency volatility and order book liquidity.
Skills and experience required
- Degree or equivalent educated in numerical disciplines with a strong mathematical and/or computer science foundation.
- 1-3 years of professional Python programming experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organised and focused.
- Must demonstrate quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Practitioner’s knowledge of the different trading strategies and financial instruments, including derivatives.
- Ability to drive projects forward, proactive, and sense of urgency.
- Strong analytical background, ability to think practically and proactively propose solutions.
- Able to work in small, multidisciplinary environments effectively.
- Team player in a very fast moving environment.
- This is a remote work position and as such the candidate should be self-motivated, proactive and be able to work under pressure within a diverse team, operating in several time zones to tight deadlines.
From tough but determined and successful beginnings we are forging strong company values for the business, we are building a team of smart, positive, collaborative, productive, ambitious, entrepreneurial, energetic and success oriented people.
We are doing what we consider to be ground breaking and important work, however we want to have fun along the way so we have an informal yet professional atmosphere where people are encouraged to speak up. We have weekly company wide stand up meetings to aid communication and the overall cohesive growth of the already globally distributed business across Europe and Asia.
Please let us know your current salary and your earliest start date when applying this position