This is a remote role, working mostly with the London team. We accept applications from a range of timezones from UTC-5 to UTC+2.
You will be a crucial member of a team of 4 people distributed across Europe and Asia and must have an immense passion for technology and automation. A resilient approach to complex problems, an innovative growth mindset and a profound hunger to learn is essential. You will be working alongside seasoned professionals in a high-intensity team environment. Your day to day will be diverse and consists of:
- Design and development of a wide range of key systems
- Ongoing maintenance and upgrades on key components of the platform
- Monitoring and maintenance of a 100% cloud environment (AWS, Azure)
- Tooling configuration (e.g. Atlassian Suite, G-Suite, Cloudflare)
- Design and creation of secure, reliable, repeatable production rollouts
- Cryptocurrency network node set up, security, monitoring and availability management
- Database set up and management (incl. Postgres, Mongo)
- Ongoing automation of business processes and permissions governance
- On-call rota – 24/7 rotation with DevSecOps team
- Incident management
- Working with multiple business units to gather requirements and collaboratively build solutions
- Communication of ideas and decisions throughout the team to ensure equal knowledge distribution
What we’ll expect of you
- High availability
- Happy to put in extra hours where needed
- Ensuring tasks are fully completed with high quality, thoroughness and relevant considerations
- Proactive approach to identify and address issues, and create ingenious solutions
- Continuous systems improvement, utilisation of most relevant technologies available
- Ongoing knowledge sharing with the team and maintaining comprehensive and clear documentatio
Knowledge and skills required
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills used with a remote global team
- Drive to learn new technologies fast and work with the team and independently
- Experience in team management and coordination to maximise efficiency
- Knowledge of continuous integration and delivery
- Very high security awareness and implementation skills
- Great Linux/Unix Administration skills
- Good amount of experience with software such as Git, Docker, Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Alibaba or one of the other IaaS providers and using Terraform, Ansible or other orchestration tools.
- Good experience working with cryptographic technologies, such as Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) and Key Management Systems (KMS)
- Experience working with Shamir’s Secret Sharing algorithm and offline key management
- Proficiency in English
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with WAF / Firewall rules
- Ability to communicate in Chinese (Cantonese)
What you’ll get in return
Fair compensation and high value perks when the company does well.
Good knowledge of or experience with
Cryptocurrency and financial services experience.
From tough but determined and successful beginnings we are forging strong company values for the business, we are building a team of smart, positive, collaborative, productive, ambitious, entrepreneurial, energetic and success oriented people.
This is an opportunity to make a profound difference to an emerging market sector, for example, if you work in the relatively mature equities or fiat FX markets, any work you do will very likely make an intangible difference to the markets or market infrastructure when compared with the gains which are to be made in the relatively infant cryptocurrency market infrastructure
We are doing what we consider to be ground breaking and important work, however we want to have fun along the way so we have an informal yet professional atmosphere where people are encouraged to speak up. We have weekly company wide stand up meetings to aid communication and the overall cohesive growth of the already globally distributed business across Europe and Asia.
We also offer flexible working hours and working from home as necessary.